Monday, December 24, 2012

V8 V-Fusion Energy Peach Mango Review


I got this can from a Wal-Mart near the New York/Ontario border on my most recent trip to the south. I noticed there was a spot on one of the shelves filled with not-so-mainstream energy drinks like this one.

Taste

Amazingly delicious is what it tastes like. The taste starts off with a juicy peach quickly followed by a mellow mango note, which is then followed by a semi-subtle carrot flavour. I love this blend! I wasn't expecting the carrots to compliment the mango flavour so nicely.

Towards the end there is a bit of green tea base which also lingers for a while into the aftertaste. The only thing I didn't like is the slight sweetener aftertaste.

Energy

There are 80 mg of caffeine in the can and the effects kick in quickly. I woke up a bit tired on a Sunday morning and within minutes of consuming most of the drink, I started to feel awake and very focused. I think that part of it is due to the refreshing flavour and part of it to the tiny bit of sugar.

I didn't experience any jitters between the initial sugar/flavour boost and the caffeine kick, which very gradually came in about 25-30 minutes after I consumed the beverage. The effects lasted for almost 2 hours and unlike a Red Bull, I did not experience a crash at the end.

This is a fantastic energy drink, which I will buy a lot of if sold in Ontario.

Scores:
Cost - $1.69
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 15.5/20...amazing taste and a pretty decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment