Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Ikea Dryck Julmust Swedish Festive Drink


Yes, I was at Ikea a few days ago and as I do with every place that offers beverages, I stop by to peruse the drinks section. This time Ikea had a bunch of sweet sparkling beverages for the holidays (love those by the way) as well as this mysterious and dark Swedish festive drink - Dryck Julmust. Julmust is a combination of words that means a Christmas not yet fermented juice...apparently some sort of infused, fruity drink with hops.

The aroma is somewhere between a root beer, cola and mixed berry juice. The flavor is very unique and interesting and the moment it hit my tongue, I knew I was going to like it. Up front you get a bit of caramel and root beer, but after a few moments, a slightly tart flavor comes in with hibiscus and mixed berries. The aftertaste has a subtle lime-like twist with traces of burnt brown sugar. Yes, I know that caramel is essentially sugar, but it usually has a bit of vanilla and milk/creak to give it depth. This just has traces of burnt sugar, which are a little different.

Very interesting drink that will appeal to root beer fans and Europe natives.

Scores:
Cost - $1.79
Taste - 8.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment