Friday, September 2, 2016

VPX Redline Xtreme Watermelon


Redline is back on this blog!!! Energy Drink Heaven hooked me up with a few samples so stay tuned for those reviews. For now, I am starting off with the watermelon because who doesn't like watermelon?

Taste

Despite the initial chemically note and an odd creamy hint, the aroma 100% watermelon. The taste is similar - you get a hint of something chemical at the start, but as soon as the clear liquid coats your tongue, it is like sucking on a slightly sour watermelon Jolly Rancher. Each sip makes the flavor stronger and gives you a burst of sourness that not only compliments the watermelon, but also gives you a fairly crisp finish. The taste is rather addictive too because at first I wasn't fully sold on it, but by the 3rd sip I wanted more.

What I found really odd is the lack of sweeteners in the taste. Until I read the ingredients and the nutritional info, I really thought that this is sweetened with corn syrup or sugar. It is like a magical trick. But, sweeteners are indeed used.

The aftertaste is similar to that of a Jolly Rancher at first, but give it a minute and you start getting hints of the sweeteners.

Energy

OK, the decades old debate (actually more like only 5 years, but whatever) of whether or not this is an energy shot or a tiny energy drink. It is smaller than a regular Red Bull, but larger than a 5-Hour shot.

So what is it? Before you answer, consider the fact that the side of the bottle has a volumetric scale so you could take this as a shot. It is also potent with 316 mg of caffeine per 240 mL, which is around 79 mg per 60 mL shot.

Whatever it is, it is nuts! It whips your body and mind into shape within 10-15 minutes. I had a long but broken sleep and when I had this in the morning, I was focused and wide awake within 15 minutes. I did not experience jitters because I slowly drank it, but I bet you that you will get a little jittery if you down the whole thing. In another 20 minutes I was ready  to  run. I blazed through my morning routine and stayed awake and focused for over 5 hours. Unfortunately with most of my energy spent in the morning, I started to experience a bit of a crash that I ended up fixing with some food, sugar, water and a small coffee.

Scores:
Cost - courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 8.9/10
Energy - 10/10

Overall - 18.9/20...Jolly Rancher-like flavor with a gratuitous amount of energy

No comments:

Post a Comment