Sunday, December 24, 2017

Mountain Dew Spiked Lemonade


I bought this from a Target when travelling to Michigan for a couple of dollars. This is not sold in Canada...yet I want to say but who knows.

Taste

Well, it smells like a lemonade and tastes like one mixed with a tiny bit of Mountain Dew. That is the short description, but to be a bit more detailed, I need to note that the lemon part tastes like a real lemon towards the end of each sip. I don't know if Mountain Dew has almost found the perfect substitute, or if there is real lemon juice, but for a few moments it feels like you are sucking on a sugar-coated lemon which I found pleasing. The aftertaste is also very refreshing and pleasant.

This is a very well executed lemonade. Not sure about the prickly pear cactus juice, though. I have never had it on its own so not sure what flavor to look for. But to be honest, the tart lemonade overpowers all other flavors.

Energy

There are 72 mg of caffeine in this can and the effects are very similar to a small can of Red Bull, except for the ever so slightly reduced jitters. Or maybe that was because I took my time consuming this 473 mL can.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99
Taste - 8.8/10
Energy - 5.9/10

Overall - 14.7/20...very tasty lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment