Saturday, June 30, 2018

Red Bull Winter Edition Plum Twist


This is Red Bull's first Winter Edition that I have seen...or at least the first Winter Edition that managed to make its way to Canada. Since its recent release, you can find this one almost everywhere Red Bull cans are sold. I got mine from a Mac's.

Taste

Surprisingly the liquid has the same purple hue as the can. The aroma is sweet and reminds me of cream soda. The taste also starts off like a cream soda, but a moderately sour fruity twist appears within moments. The sourness is definitely similar to plums (mostly unripe Damsons) but the fruitiness reminds me more of wine gummies mixed with ume, and a subtle, yet easily recognizable Red Bull cough syrup note. So I guess the "twist" must refer to the variety of plums this drink is trying to imitate.

In any case, I liked this Red Bull's unique new flavor, but I can't say I loved it too much.

Energy

There are 114 mg of caffeine in the can and its effects are similar to any other 355 mL can of Red Bull - fairly quick energy kick with jitters, followed by 1.5 hours, or so, of a ton of energy.

Scores:
Cost - $3.50
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 14/20...interesting and unique new flavor but could be better

No comments:

Post a Comment