Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Schweppes Original Bitter Lemon Review


A few days ago I was walking around the neighbourhood and I remembered that there was a british chocolatier that made some amazing chocolate creations. I walked in not because I wanted some chocolate, but because I saw some good looking candies that were at the display window. After a quick walk around the store, which was quite big, I walked out with a small
bottle of Schweppes Original Bitter Lemon and a bag of Builder's Breakfast chips. Before you start wondering, the chips tasted like a builder's breakfast - eggs, bacon, potatoes with ketchup. They tasted really good.

Now onto the drink. The bottle was absolutely small - 125 mL. It cost $1.29 CAD, which I think is a bit too much for something that small. I had to have it though. After struggling to open it, since it was not a twist off, I took a small sip. It tasted exactly as expected - like tonic water with a bit of the bitter part of a lemon. I love tonic water...especially in combination with some gin. Scratch that, with a lot of gin and a lemon slice. The beverage did not feel refreshing when I was drinking it as it was a bit flat, it was not as carbonated as regular tonic water. The lemon, however, left a pleasant, fresh aftertaste which lasted for a few minutes. I don't think that this is for everyone, but if you wish to experience something different, go and have one...if you can find one. I, myself, will stick to cold tonic water with a lemon slice, and maybe some freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Scores:
Cost - 10/10 (ok, it's overall cost is low, but cost/quantity is high so it should get no more than a 7/10)
Taste - 5.8/10

Overall - 15.8/20...should actually be 12.8/20 if you take into consideration the small size and its cost

No comments:

Post a Comment