Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beaver Soda Canadian Cola Review


A couple of days ago I came across the Beaver Soda line at a 7-11. I already reviewed the saskatoon berry flavour and now I am trying the Canadian Cola one. Each can costs $1.59 CAD and is the same as the Beaver Buzz energy drink cans.

The Canadian Cola tastes like those gummy cola candies you get from 7-11 or convenience stores for $0.05 (or was it $0.10?) in bulk. It is sweet and tastes more like Pepsi than a Coke. The weird thing about it is the sweet yet somehow minty-fresh aftertaste. I did not have mints or gum before consuming this so this minty tingle must be from one of the ingredients. Upon a label inspection I noticed that this beverage contains some natural flavours, such as citrus and ginger, that might be responsible for this pseudo-mint effect. The cola is great tasting, but I do prefer the taste of the original Coke as it is less sweet.

Scores:
Cost - $1.59 CAD per can
Taste - 7.8/10

Overall - 7.8/10...not a bad beverage, but the saskatoon berry one was much more enjoyable

No comments:

Post a Comment