Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Avitae Energy Water Review


A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from an Avitae representative asking me if I would like some free samples of a new product - energy water. Of course I agreed to the free samples. Now lets fast-forward until yesterday when a small box appeared on my doorstep. In this box I found this 4 pack of Avitae energy waters.


I really like the design of the pack and the pack itself. What is in the pack looks even better. This is definitely a unique bottle design which will set Avitae apart from all the other waters on display. I was told that a bottle of Avitae retails for $1.69 and that this product will not be available in Canada yet.

Hmm, water with caffeine? How would that taste? Some companies can't conceal the caffeine taste with a ton of sugar and various flavours, so how can you add caffeine to water without ruining the clean taste of water? Well, Avitae has pulled this off. I am not saying this because I got some free samples, it is true. Avitae tastes like water, like any other filtered/ozonated water you can buy from convenience stores, gas stations, supermarkets, etc. The added caffeine has not affected the taste of water at all. The one thing I noticed was the dry-mouth feeling I got after the first few sips but I remembered that Aquafina has the same effect on me.

There are 45 mg of caffeine in each 500 mL bottle of Avitae, which is not much for caffeine junkies. In fact, it is slightly more than a can of Pepsi and I know this because there is a can of regular Pepsi on my desk right now. I had an Avitae the afternoon I got the package when I was feeling drowsy after heavy meal. Since I drink so much coffee and caffeinated beverages, the bottle of Avitae acted as a short term stimulant. I felt slightly energized for about 40 minutes and then I was back to feeling drowsy. Not much else to say about energy boost. Some individuals, who don't drink coffee or tea might find this stimulating for longer periods of time, but not caffeine addicts.

Scores:
Cost - $1.69 per bottle
Taste - 10/10...not sure what else to give it since this tastes like pure water
Energy - 4.2/10

Overall - 14.2/20...this would have been less if it wasn't for that pure water taste

No comments:

Post a Comment