Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jones Pomegranate Cream Soda Limited Edition Bottle Review


I picked this fresh from a huge "Christmas tree" made of blue and pink pomegranate cream soda limited edition bottles. In hindsight I should have taken a photo of the tree to show the neat arrangement. Both blue and pink bottles contained the same soda so I decided to get just one of them since I am not a big fan of cream soda. The bottles were $1.39 CAD each.

I wasn't able to find much...or any...information on these bottles or the flavour itself. The Jones Soda website has similarly decorated sodas for purchase, but not these cream sodas. Nevertheless, I will tell you all about it. Obviously the soda is pink/reddish with a very sweet and creamy aroma. It tastes more like plain pink cream soda than pomegranate cream soda. The beverage is not sour at all and hints of pomegranate emerge for very brief periods of time. The taste reminds me a lot of those vampire gummy teeth or any other pink marshmallow/gummy candy. I like the full size plastic label though. The end wraps around the bottom of the bottle, which serves as a cushion when putting the drink down. I was working on a glass desk today so every time I had to put a mug or a bottle down, I was annoyed by the glass clinking noise. I had no problems putting this bottle down.

Scores:
Cost - $1.39 CAD for a 355 mL bottle
Taste - 7/10

Overall - 7/10...I don't like cream sodas too much and I thought that the pomegranate taste was too weak

No comments:

Post a Comment