Monday, December 14, 2009

Beaver Buzz Energy Shot Review


Lately I have been populating the energy shots section of this blog. That is because I have run out of energy drinks to try. The province of Ontario is not the best place to find many and/or unique ones so now I am trying energy shots. I hope by the time I run out of energy shots to try, some new energy drinks would have made their way into the province. If not, there are always caffeinated candies and gum to try.

I love the Beaver Buzz line. Sometimes I pick their beverages over Red Bull, which has been my caffeine staple in the last 5 years. I finally decided to suck it up and try their shot, which is based on the Beaver Buzz Core Energy drink. I expect this to be somewhat similar in taste, just more concentrated. I also have to comment on the container as it is quite unique. Many other energy shots share the same containers, but this one stands out. The clean, solid black label helps it a bit too.

The shot has a weird red color with orange hues and has a smell similar to that of Beaver Buzz Core Energy and Monster. Wow, this tastes great. It is like a mellow tasting, non-carbonated version of Core Energy with a slight citrus undertone. I would even say that the taste has improved with the shot. And unlike other energy shots, this is not sugar free, which is why it tastes so good. There is not artificial sweetener taste, just the pleasant, slightly sweet taste of the shot. I highly recommend this.

I love the "Recommended Dose" instructions on the back of this shot. It says to drink the whole bottle for full energy buzz, or drink half for moderate energy. The 60 mL shot contains 121 mg of caffeine, which is nothing to be impressed with. The energy shot started working within minutes. I felt awake and energized, yet calm and focused. Sadly this didn't last very long and my system was flooded with caffeine. I was over-energized, but luckily that lasted 20 or so minutes and I was back to feeling just awake and energized. The caffeine may not be much, but the shot works well.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for 60 mL
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 7.3/10

Overall - 15.1/20...great tasting, works well enough. This is a great compromise between taste and buzz

1 comment:

  1. I seen this around b4 but not alot. Bought one in July. For sure I know there caned green tea,pink energy & the saskatoon berry(blue can)one there good,but this shot smells not so great but not the worst smell and for me the taste of this shot sucks. Syrupy like,candy sweet mabye or w.e but I don';t think it taste good like they say. Recently gave it a try today. I'm sure for energy it will be fone but taste this suck's. There can stuff seems better. cheers.

    ReplyDelete