Friday, October 29, 2010

Hard 8 .50 Cal Energy Review


Following the success of Thursday's Hard 8 shot, I decided to have another one from their line-up. Today's shot of choice is the one in the shape of a bullet, sporting the American flag and flavoured with what is described as "warrior blend"...also known as Pomegranate Blueberry. I wonder how this will be repackaged if and when sold in Canada.

Taste

Although the cap is cool, it could be hard to open at times since it is perfectly smooth and there are no ridges to grip. I have tried my fair share of pomegranate-blueberry flavoured energy drinks and shots and I have to say that this is not that bad though the artificial flavourings can be easily noticed. It is sour which gives it an initial pomegranate-like taste and a not-yet-ripe-blueberry finish. There are no detectable unpleasant notes from the energy blend and the sweeteners do not linger for very long in the finish. Though I prefer the taste of the G energy shot, this is another great tasting Hard 8 shot.

Energy

This shot contains the same amount of caffeine as the G energy shot - 120 mg. The only noticeable difference in terms of numbers is that with this one, the vitamin levels have been bumped up slightly. The shot performs fairly well and starts to kick in within 10 minutes. I felt a bit jittery at first, but the feeling was fairly mild and did not last for too long. The energy kicked in all at once but was fairly clean. I felt calm and focused for good 15-20 minutes and then very energized. Just like the other Hard 8 shot, the effects of this one lasted for over two hours before I found myself reaching for more caffeine.

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 7.7/10
Energy - 7.6/10

Overall - 15.3/20...some may find the packaging tacky, but look beyond that because the shot works

No comments:

Post a Comment