Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hard 8 G Energy Shot Review


It has been a while since I have reviewed an energy shot which is why I recently purchased a bunch of them. I will get the ball rolling with Hard 8 G energy shot with Ginseng, Green Tea and Ginkgo...get it? G?

What I really like about this energy shot is the container. It is aluminum and doesn't hide it with an excessive label. But because it is made of aluminum, it can be easily dinged during transportation.

Taste

It tastes better than I expected. The taste is very tea-like with green tea and ginkgo being responsible for it. Some earthy tones can be noticed in the finish as well as the taste of the sweeteners. There is a sour bite in the taste, which reminds me of a berry/cherry juice for some reason. The energy shot is sweet tasting, but not over the top like some other ones on the market. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how good this shot tastes because honestly, I did not expect much.

Energy

There are 120 mg of caffeine in the bottle, which is halfway between a 250 mL energy drink and a 473 mL one. The shot kicks in as fast as other shots and effects can be felt within 10 minutes. The way the energy kicks in is very gradual and in the initial stages focus and relaxation are noticeable. I started to become very focused on what I was doing about 15 minutes after I took the shot. The calmness and focus started to fade away after 15-20 minutes when the caffeine started to show its full potential. The effects lasted for over 2 hours and they were very, very good. I was at an alert state for the entire time, but was never too jittery and I never felt my mind racing. Overall, this is a great performer from which I was not expecting much from at first.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Niacin - 40 mg
  • Vitamin B5 - 20 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 16 mg
  • Vitamin B12 - 480 mcg
  • Caffeine - 120 mg
Energy Blend: green tea extract, ginseng extract, ginkgo biloba, taurine, guarana extract, carnitine, glucuronolactone, glutamine.

Other Ingredients: water, sugar, malic acid, citric acid, natural green tea flavoring, sucralose, sodium citrate potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 15.5/20...tastes great and works pretty good too

No comments:

Post a Comment