Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SuperFly Energy Drink Tabs Citrus Kick Review


This is exactly what it looks like - an effervescent tablet with caffeine. There are 6 tablets in each of these tubes and a single tube will cost you $4 from the KingofCaffeine.com.

Taste

The tube tells me to drop a tab in a glass filled with 8 to 16 oz of water or any other amount of water depending on how I want the drink to taste. Well, from previous experience with energy tabs, I decided to go with the 8 oz glass of water first because even if I mess it up, I still have 5 other tabs I can experiment with.

The tab dissolved in about 2 minutes in the 8 ounces of water and produced a drink with a caramel color and an aroma similar to many of the mainstream energy drinks. The resulting mixture is lightly carbonated and tastes just like a can of Red Bull/Red Rain/Red Fire and other imitators. Awesome! I love the taste of Red Bull and paying $4 to make 6 glasses of essentially is 6 cans of Red Bull is fantastic. The next thing I will try is using more water to see if I can stretch those 8 ounces and great taste into 10, 12, 14 or even 16 ounces of a Red Bull clone.

Energy

Like many other tabs, the caffeine content is given as part of the proprietary energy blend, which is 163.5 mg in total. I think that a fair bit of this is caffeine since I started to wake up and experience some positive effects within 10-15 minutes time. Within another 30 minutes I was feeling completely energized and ready to do anything. I did experience a mild case of the jitters, but at least it didn't last too long. I got almost 2 hours out of the single tablet before I had to reach for a strong cup of tea. Not bad for $4.

Proprietary Energy Blend (163.5 mg):
  • Caffeine
  • Guarana Extract
  • L-Carnitine
  • L-Arginine
  • Creatine Monohydrate
  • Ginkgo Biloba Extract
  • Grape Seed Extract
  • Ginseng Extract
Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Niacin - 20 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 2 mg
  • Folate - 400 mcg
  • Vitamin B12 - 1,500 mcg
  • Pantothenic Acid - 2 mg
  • Taurine - 1,000 mg
  • Glucoronolactone - 400 mg
Other Ingredients: citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, natural and artificial flavors, inulin, sucralose, FD&C brown.

Scores:
Cost- $4 for a 6 tab tube from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 6.5/10

Overall - 15/20...could be another Red Bull clone, but at least it is very compact and cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment