Monday, November 1, 2010

Little i Energy Gum Peppermint Review


I know what you are thinking - gum for girls. You might be right if you judge it by its packaging, but do keep in mind that there is a decent caffeine kick in each piece. The Little I website states that two pieces give you as much energy as an energy drink and this is what i am about to find out today.

The gum comes in a small pink tin that has a mirror inside. I thought the mirror would be on the lid, but it actually is inside the tin, covering the pieces of gum. There is small circular hole in the bottom left which allows you to take 1 to 2 pieces at a time. The one thing that really surprised me was that the gum is made in Canada, but I have never actually seen it anywhere. For shame.

Taste

Before I get to the energy boost, I have to see if it tastes like mint gum. Well, it actually does. In fact, it does much better than most other mint energy gums. The gum is minty, intense yet a little sweet like traditional peppermint gums. The energy ingredients start to show themselves after a few minutes, but they are subtle and do not ruin the overall experience. The one thing I should note is the consistency of the gum - it is not as rubbery as regular gums.

Energy

I started with one piece and it worked pretty good. I started to feel something within 10 minutes and in another 10 I was feeling very energized. The kick was clean and there were no jitters or unpleasant effects. It lasted for just about an hour, which is not a long time, but at least there are more pieces of gum in the package. Next time I am taking at least 2.

Scores:
Cost - $2.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 7/10 to 10/10

Overall - 16/20 to 19/20...guys, if you can get past the pink exterior, this is a pretty decent energy gum

No comments:

Post a Comment