Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rage Energy Drink Review


I don't always go into Dollarama, but when I do, I make sure to check out their drinks section because you never know what they might have. Last time I was there I picked up this Rage energy drink for $1. The time before that I picked up Rage's Tropical Punch energy shot for $1.

Taste

You can sort of guess how this would taste just by looking at the can, and you will be almost right. Yes, it does smell and taste a lot like a Red Bull, but I would say that it also has some of the characters of Shark. It is sweeter and slightly less carbonated than a Red Bull, but it also has some fruitier notes.

I liked it and for $1, this is a pretty good reason to start going to Dollarama more often.

Energy

As expected, this can contains the standard 80 mg of caffeine and 1,000 mg of taurine, as well as a few other medicinal ingredients to get you going.

I started to feel the boost within 10 minutes thanks to the sugar. I felt a bit jittery, but not more than any other 250 mL energy drink with the same amount of sugar in it. The real caffeine boost didn't come for another 25-30 minutes and when it did, it lasted for just over an hour...very comparable to a certain other energy drink with two bulls on it.

Scores:
Cost - $1 from Dollarama
Taste - 8.3/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14.3/20...tastes like a mix between a Red Bull and Shark, works like either one

No comments:

Post a Comment