Thursday, May 10, 2012

Killer Buzz Proto Energy Drink Review


Coming home yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by a rather large looking box sitting on my doorstep. It was addressed to me and was very heavy. Surprise! It was a case of Killer Buzz energy drinks. Boy was I happy.

Killer Buzz recently went through a bit of a rebrand and introduced new flavours to the market, so I was sent a package to try and review. Since I never tried the original energy drink, I decided to start the reviews with it.

Taste

The drink smells like a mix between Red Bull and original Monster, but has a taste that is somewhere in the middle. It has a creamy, mellow candy sweetness that seems like an improved version of the original Monster and Monster Import with a finish that reminds me just a little of Red Bull. 

Though I am not a huge fan of the original Monster, I think this is a huge improvement over it and it is something I really enjoyed. There is sweetness, but doesn't build up to intolerable amounts from a single can. I am sure if you had 2 you will taste it, but that's not something I recommend doing.

Energy

Though caffeine is listed as one of the ingredients on the label, I cannot tell how much of it is in the can. A quick Internet search reveals the number 200 mg, which is pretty solid. Thanks to the sugar I felt a buzz within 10-15 minutes and was feeling pretty wired within another 10. Like many other comparable drinks, I experienced a bit of jitters at the start, but once the caffeine was fully absorbed, I felt great and extremely productive.

The energy lasted for about 4 hours and I did experience a bit of a crash at the end, but I am not sure if that was due to the fact that it was after lunch or if the drink was done with me.

Scores:
Cost - unsure
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8.5/10

Overall - 17.5/20...awesome candy-like Monster/Red Bull taste with a solid kick

No comments:

Post a Comment