Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Monster Rehab Orangeade Energy Drink Review


The Hasty Market has done it again - one of the latest Monster energy drinks is available for purchase for $3.49 at many of their stores, way ahead of Monster bringing this here with labels in both languages.

Taste

This tastes almost exactly the way I imaged it would. The taste starts off with a mellow black and green tea flavour with subtle orange hints and transitions to a more orange heavy and very refreshing one. Notes of tangerines come in later towards the finish and linger for a long time, way past the aftertaste.

The drink has only 10 calories (per serving), but the sweetener taste was very minimal. I could only notice traces in the aftertaste. I think the orange/tangerine flavours masked it quite nicely.

Overall I really enjoyed this drink, especially on a hot Saturday morning with only a few hours of sleep.

Energy

As with the other Rehab drinks, the energy blend is 3,200 mg (per serving and there are 2 servings in a can) with no clear mentioning of how much caffeine is in the blend. Good thing we have the Internet, which tells me that there are 170 mg of caffeine. The drink kicked in for me within 10 minutes and with only a few hours of sleep, I welcomed the quick boost (late night  moving things following by an early morning van rental and moving more things). In another 15-20 minutes I was feeling excellent, almost as if I had a full night's rest. There were no jitters and the energy kick was very clean. I love the Rehab line!

The boost lasted for a good 3-4 hours, which was enough time to move all the heavy things. I did not experience a crash at the end, just didn't feel very motivated or energized to continue moving things. 

Scores:
Cost - $3.49
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 8.5/10

Overall - 18/20...love this new Rehab. I cannot wait for it to be available at gas stations and more convenience stores

3 comments:

  1. Taste like garbage! It tastes like saltwater and has a little bit of an tangerine aftertaste. I also could not fall asleep when I had one in the afternoon! Overall garbage! I have tasted some of there other monster drinks and they all are horrible. People have found dead mice in them before too! They are sueing compenies left and right for the M in monster! All the compenies they sue are unrelated!!!! DO NOT GET THIS DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE THIS DRINK/GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt my favorite Monster Rehab flavor. I buy two of these every other taking advantage of my gas stations 2 for $4 deal. Awesome for hangovers also.

    ReplyDelete