Saturday, August 4, 2012

SLAP Frozen Energy Lemonade Review


So I finally had the chance to review the last of the SLAP Frozen Energy slushies...yes, lets call them slushies and not beverages.

One complaint I have from the start is the inconsistency in the volumes of these pouches. The Lemonade one is by far the thinnest and smallest pouch of the three. It is supposed to be 300 mL, but to me it looks like it is 200 mL or even less. You cannot see it from the photo, but the pouch was noticeably smaller than the other two, especially the Strawberry Frost. I checked for leaks, but there was nothing. The pouch was fully sealed and there were no sticky spots anywhere. This must be a problem with the packaging line.

Taste

For drinking this one, I employed the same trick I used for the Strawberry Frost - giant straw in the opening. After a few minutes of waiting for this to thaw out, I got my first taste and felt instantly refreshed. However, the more I kept drinking, the more the syrupy-sweetness built up and the more desperate I started to get for a glass of water.

I love lemonade so I think that if the sugar content can be brought down and the acidity brought up a bit than this will be a huge hit.

Energy

The pouch packs the same amount of caffeine as the other two SLAP drinks - 140 mg. But since the pouch contained a lot less liquid, I think the caffeine content was not as much. The effects were similar as the other SLAPs, but the kick was not as strong and did not last as long...again, probably due to the volume in the pouch.

In hindsight, I wish I had actually emptied the pouch into a measuring cup to see exactly how much there was of the slushie.

Scores:
Cost - $2.50
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 6.5/10...7.5/10 expected if the pouch was fully filled

Overall - 13.5/20...needs less sugar and more acidity

1 comment:

  1. I don't use this but SLAP FROZEN Energy takes the energy drink category to the next level. SLAP FROZEN Energy offers a really cool, no pun intended , consumer experience that is supported by both great taste and innovative packaging. It comes in three flavors: Crisp Apple, Strawberry-Frost and Lemonade. Business Report

    ReplyDelete