Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rockstar Relax Review


I love relaxation drinks and I was extremely happy to be able to find Rockstar's version when I made a trip across the border. I wish these were sold in Canada.

Taste

I love non-carbonated drinks. They are very easy to consume and don't make me feel bloated or give me horrible burps (though I do enjoy burping). The taste has a strong guava base with light tropical complimentary notes. The tropical part is a lot like a medley of mild flavours without a specific one coming out on top.

Since it is sugar free there is a bit of sweetener taste which is especially noticeable in the aftertaste. The sweetness builds up over the course of the drink and alongside the dry finish it did make me go for a glass of water when I was done.

Overall the taste is pretty good, but I think there are better tasting anti-energy drinks out there...like Marley.

Effects

The effects are a bit slow and they don't show up until about 20 minutes later and when they do, you are not knocked out right away. I felt mellow and a bit drowsy but not drowsy enough to head for the bed. The effect lasted for...er...at least an hour when I went to bed. The effect was definitely weaker than a Marley, but for those who just need to feel slightly relaxed should try Rockstar's Relax. Those who are seeking something stronger to help them go to sleep should try something else...like a Marley.

Scores:
Cost - $3.49
Taste - 8/10
Effects - 7/10

Overall - 15/20...tastes pretty good, but Marley has a stronger kick

No comments:

Post a Comment