Sunday, September 22, 2013

Red Rain Hydroplane Review


And this is the fifth and last one of the series that I have and I am reviewing. There is a sixth one, but the gas station I picked these up from did not have it.

Taste

The flavour is a mix of cream soda-like berry notes up front with a pomegranate sour bite at the end. The flavours taste very generic and don't appeal to me that much. In fact the taste reminded me a lot of the Red Rain Acai-Blu drink that I had a few years ago.

Like the other Red Rains from this line-up, the aftertaste has a candy-like sweetness to it that builds up with each sip. At first I thought it was OK, because it went well with the berries in the finish, but after a while, it got to be a bit too much for me and I had to get some water.

Overall, the flavours are generic, but the sour bite is nice.

Energy

Yuuup, you guessed it - I am reusing text from another Red Rain review. All of these flavour have the same caffeine content and perform similarly.

"I was expecting the energy to come in the form of a jittery sugar rush, but fortunately the energy came in gradually with no jitters and even provided me with a period of focus and clarity just like advertised on the front of the can. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

I felt awake about 15 minutes after I gulped half of the can and in another 15 I was feeling great even in the gloomy and rainy Saturday morning. The effects lasted for over a couple of hours and then just started to gradually fade away. There was no crash at the end."

Scores:
Cost - $0.99
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15/20...generic tasting, cheap and works well

No comments:

Post a Comment