Thursday, September 3, 2009

Acai-Blu Red Rain Energy Drink Review


I finally found it, the last of the Red Rain flavours. I got this bad boy at Wal-Mart for $4.97 CAD per 4 pack. Yes, the rumors are true, you can get 4 packs of Red Rain for only $4.97 CAD and 4 packs of Red Bull for $6.97. There are also 4 packs of Guru regilar and sugar free for the same low price of $6.97 for a 4 pack. That is so cheap - $5 for 4 cans. Why the hell am I buying these from the local 7-11 for $2 per can? I should just go to Wal-Mart once per week and get 2-3 packs of these.

I still haven't tasted acai berries so I cannot say for sure if this flavour captures the taste. It does taste a lot like blueberries though, which I assume is why it is called Acai-Blu. The blueberry taste is actually quite nice - not too sweet and a bit on the sour side. There is no obvious trace of artificial flavours eventhough the back label says there are some. This doesn't taste like other fruit energy drinks, it tastes a lot like a regular Red Rain with some of its flavour substituted with the acai-blueberry one. It still has a bit of the acidic Red Rain taste, but not as much, obviously. The aftertaste is pretty good too. It starts off with a blueberry aftertaste, moves onto the regular Red Rain acidic aftertaste and finishes clean all in 2-3 minutes time.

Same energy content - 80 mg. I got a nice boost early in the morning, but I am sure I have to go for seconds in a few hours. Good thing I got a 4 pack of these for $5.

Scores:
Cost - $4.97 CAD per 4
Taste - 8.2/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14.2/20...I would still buy the regular Red Rain, just because I enjoy the clean taste. This, however, is one of the better fruit energy drinks I have had because of its low sweetness level

Read about the other flavours of Red Rain - regular, cran-orange, mocha, tropical mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment