Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kick Energy Drink Review


When I was in Michigan a month ago I found an banged up can of Kick at the back of a shelf in a WalMart. I knew the can was old since the last Tomb Raider game came out over a year ago, but a new drink is a new drink...plus it was only 99 cents!

Taste

I expected this to taste like a Red Bull....and it almost does. It is actually more similar to Red Rain. The base flavor is definitely Red Bull, however, the drink is more acidic giving it a much crisper and less sweet finish. It also seems like the sweetness has been dialed down just a notch because I didn't get much of the sickly sweet undertone.

Well, Kick was fun, but it is just another Red Bull clone...must be really cheap to crank these out.

Energy

Surprise, surprise, there are 80 mg of caffeine in the can...much like in a can of Red Bull. The effects are also identical - a quick jittery jolt, followed by an hour or so of a caffeine high, followed by nothing...well, the end of the kick.

Scores:
Cost - $0.99
Taste - 8/10 (only because I kinda like the acidic finish)
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14/20...Red Bull clone with a more acidic finish

No comments:

Post a Comment