Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mountain Dew Kickstart Energizing Limeade Review


It seems like Mountain Dew's Kickstart series was a moderate success because I saw new additions to the line up last time I went to the US. I got both of them for $1 each from a Walmart somewhere in Michigan near the Windsor/Detroit border.

Taste

I haven't had a regular Mountain Dew in a veeeery long time but the first sip I had from this Energizing Limeade took me down memory lane. Yup, this energy drink starts off like a Mountain Dew but immediately after you are completely confused, you get a strong hit of limes. I am pretty sure this is just a regular Mountain Dew with a lot of added lime flavoring...and a little less sweet. Also, don't forget the added ELECTROLYTES...for the taste you know.

I rather enjoyed this flavor since it is not too sweet and the lime gives it a refreshing finish.

Energy

There are 92 mg of caffeine in the can and the effects are similar to the other Kickstart energy drinks - a slight jittery start, full kick within 20-30 minutes which lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. The end is drama-free without a crash.

This energy drink is cheap, has a decent amount of caffeine and from what I saw in Michigan, available everywhere. Also, I think it will appeal most to those who drink Mountain Dew on a regular basis...but duuuh, I am sure this is how and why they made this drink.

Scores:
Cost - $1 from WalMart
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 6.2/10

Overall - 14.2/20...cheap and refreshing

No comments:

Post a Comment