Monday, January 5, 2015

Mountain Dew Kickstart Energizing Black Cherry Review


Energizing Black Cherry is the 4th flavor in the Kickstart line up and came out at the same time as the Energizing Limeade. I got a can of this stuff from a WalMart near the Windsor/Detroit border but I also saw it at a couple of 7-11's, which leads me to believe that it is available anywhere Mountain Dew is sold.

Taste

Like the Limeade one I tried a few days ago, the first sip of the Black Cherry sent me back years ago to when I first tried Code Red. Remember Code Red? You might if you were alive and on the sugary drink band wagon in the early 2000's. I was blown away by how after 13 years I can still recall the taste of Code Red.

OK, OK, this is not a repackaged Code Red. The Black Cherry has a bit more of the cherry flavor than the Code Red and less of the citrus one, though you still get a hint of fake citrus just at the finish of each sip, which is enough to remind you that you are drinking something from the Mountain Dew family.

This beverage is quite sweet and unlike the Limeade one, there are no sour flavors to knock the sweetness level down. This makes the dry finish feel a bit "sticky".

Energy

The standard Kickstart 92 mg of caffeine are present in this can as well. The effects are always the same - quick jittery kick, followed by 1.5 to 2 hours of an energy boost. Nothing crazy, but works fairly well for the price.

Scores:
Cost - $1 from WalMart
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 6.2/10

Overall - 13.7/20...if you like Code Red, you will like Black Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment