Sunday, January 11, 2015

Red Rain Cloudburst Energy Drink Review


This is an old review I never got the chance to publish from the old drafts bin. I originally got this drink from a gas station outside Detroit when I was in Michigan a few weeks ago. The cost? 99 cents as the can says.

Taste

For those who want to only read the label, this is supposed to taste like peach grapefruit. Still want to know how it ACTUALLY tastes? Then keep reading below.

Up front I found this to be an unidentifiable mix of citrus with a soft mellow peach note. Give it a moment for the bubbles to settle and the flavours define themselves - peach and a very light grapefruit note. Swallow and give it a moment and this is where the grapefruit flavour really comes out and lingers for a while.

The flavour is very light while drinking, but the aftertaste is very good. I think that if this was turned into a non-carbonated beverage with 5-10% real grapefruit juice, then Red Rain will have a killer product. For now, it is a decent energy drink for those who don't like mellower flavours.

Energy

There are 142 mg of caffeine, which is the same as all the other Red Rain drinks from this series. So if you please excuse me, I would like to just re-use some old text from my review of Red Rain Downpour because the effects were the same:

"I was expecting the energy to come in the form of a jittery sugar rush, but fortunately the energy came in gradually with no jitters and even provided me with a period of focus and clarity just like advertised on the front of the can. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

I felt awake about 15 minutes after I gulped half of the can and in another 15 I was feeling great even in the gloomy and rainy Saturday morning. The effects lasted for over a couple of hours and then just started to gradually fade away. There was no crash at the end."

Scores:
Cost - $0.99
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 16.5/20...mellow flavour with a great aftertaste

No comments:

Post a Comment