Monday, April 13, 2015

Gevalia Iced Coffee with Almond Milk Vanilla


The Vanilla flavor is the third and last flavor of the new Gevalia Iced Coffee with Almond Milk line of drinks. I also bought a carton of it at a Target near Buffalo for $2.39.

Taste

The Vanilla flavor has the same unappealing brown/beige color as the Caramel flavor I tried a few days ago. However, the aroma oh so inviting with a rich sweet vanilla bouquet reminding me of sweet delicious marshmallows. There are also some coffee notes, but they are lost amidst sweet vanilla.

The flavor is very coffee-forward with the almond milk taking a backseat and the vanilla just adding a sweet twist at the end and lingering notes in the aftertaste. Yes, surprisingly this iced coffee tastes more like coffee than a vanilla beverage and I like it. The vanilla nicely complements the flavor of the coffee without stealing the spotlight. Very nice, indeed.

Like the other Gevalia Iced Coffees I recently had, the Vanilla flavor is incredibly smooth, easy to drink, very enjoyable and very refreshing in the morning. It is a shame these are not available in Canada.

Energy

Like the Mocha, there are 160 mg of caffeine in the carton, which is 5 mg more than the Caramel flavor. The energy effects are the same as with the other Gevalia Iced Coffees, so in an effort to save myself some time, I just copied the Energy write up from another review:

The energy effects are more similar to those of a cup of coffee than an energy drink since there are no added energy ingredients. I felt a sudden rush within 15 minutes and for the first few minutes I felt my legs shake uncontrollably. About another 15-20 minutes later the caffeine was coursing through my veins and I was feeling energetic and even sort of focused when the jitters died down. The effects lasted for 2.5 to 3 hours and I didn't experience a crash. 

Scores:
Cost - $2.39 from Target in Buffalo
Taste - 9.1/10
Energy - 7.3/10

Overall - 16.4/20...smooth and delicious with a great kick

No comments:

Post a Comment