Friday, June 5, 2015

RealBeanz Iced Coffee Mocha


Love the design of this matte shrink-wrapped label. Couldn't help but buy it on the way out of Maryland at a gas station that was being renovated. Just for you folks, I had to jump over construction debris and put my life in jeopardy just to get that bottle and provide valuable insight. I believe the bottle cost me $2.59, but I am not 100% sure since so many things were mixed up during the construction and I was also paying for gas.

Taste

The aroma is kinda funky from the milk, but has a rich chocolate aroma with just hints of coffee lurking below. The taste is much, much better, though. You are blasted right away with a rich, moist, spongy chocolate-cake like flavor which grips your tongue and holds onto it right up until the finish. There is almost no coffee during those few initial stages, but there is just so much chocolate and cream. The coffee notes don't come in until the aftertaste, which is also a bit funky because of the milk...that's just how milk is. The coffee itself is light and doesn't add any bitterness to the flavor. This iced coffee is sweet, but the sweetness is nicely balanced and it never built up to a critical sweetness point where I had to get water to cleanse my palate. Very well done iced coffee.

Energy

The bottle says there are 342 mg of "resistance" ingredients, which include coffee, green tea and calcium. According to the Internet and a bunch of sources, the bottle contains 57 mg of caffeine, which is super, super low for an iced coffee in my opinion. I did feel a buzz, but that was probably a sugar/caffeine combo and it only lasted for a bit less than an hour until I got ready for work.

Love the flavor of this iced coffee, but with the low caffeine content, I think the coffee is best suited as an afternoon booster when you need a bit of pick-me-up but you don't want to be super energized.

Scores:
Cost - $2.59
Taste - 8.8/10
Energy - 5/10

Overall - 13.8/20...fantastic flavor, but lacks the punch

No comments:

Post a Comment