Friday, September 23, 2016

VPX Redline Xtreme Blue Razz


I received this Redline Xtreme Blue Razz courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven.

Taste

I must fully admit that this Redline Xtreme has one of the most chemically-rich aromas of any caffeinated product I have ever tried. Yes, there are hints of blueberries, but there are also heavy chemical influences. The aroma is not repulsive by any means, it is just chemically rich.

The flavor tells a different story. The first sip is very sweet and artificial at the start, but subsequent sips have a tart raspberry note at the start with a momentary sweet blueberry blip. Then there is a brief chemical blip before the sweeteners kick in and take over the finish and aftertaste, where you will also find some lingering berry-like notes.

Energy

Like all other VPX Redline Xtreme bottles, this one contains 316 mg of caffeine and the effects are felt within minutes. I got up at 4:00 a.m. to go on a trip and this had me wired up within 20 minutes. Because I drank it quickly, I felt a bit jittery, but had I taken my time, the caffeine build up would have been smoother. The effects lasted for good 5 hours or so.

Scores:
Cost - courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 6/10
Energy - 10/10

Overall - 16/20...my least favorite of the VPX Redline Xtreme series in terms of taste

No comments:

Post a Comment