Thursday, September 29, 2016

Xyience Cran Razz


I wish they expanded at least one of the abbreviations for this new label, like they did for the Blue Pomegranate. Anyways, I received a can of this courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven.

Taste

This Xyience has a beautiful cranberry color and smells like cranberry/raspberry cocktail. The flavor is almost like any cranberry cocktail you can buy in a grocery store. The cranberries are forward and tart while the raspberries round off the back with their sweetness and the resulting mix lingers well into the aftertaste, though slightly muted. I am very indifferent towards cranberry/raspberry cocktails, but carbonating one changes my perception...just a tiny bit.

I say almost, because there is a sweetener presence all throughout each sip and well into the aftertaste. It only briefly disappears during the tartness spike.

Energy

As expected, there are 176 mg of caffeine in the can. I was a bit hazy when I got up but within 10-15 minutes of starting to drink this, I was starting to wake up and feel focused. I felt that way for the next 15-20 minutes when the caffeine was fully absorbed and making me want to get up and do some physical work. The effects lasted for 3-4 hours and ended with a mild crash. Nothing serious, but I felt a bit tired.

Scores:
Cost - courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 8.8/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 17/20...solid flavor and a good kick

1 comment:

  1. I wish they still made Green Apple. About eight years ago when Xyience was still a new brand (and a UFC sponsor), they put out a a Green Apple flavor that tasted like someone liquefied and then carbonated a Jolly Rancher. Not a true Apple flavor by any means, but for someone who avoids sugar they brought a nostalgic kick back to childhood. Alas, they reformulated the drinks for the mass market (you could only previously buy them at Health Food and Supplement stores) and killed my favorite flavor... So sad.

    ReplyDelete