Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lucozade Energy Blackcurrant


This Blackcurrant flavor comes from a batch of new Lucozades that recently appeared on the shelves of the local Asian grocery store. The bottles were $2.59.

Taste

Whoa. I love blackcurrants and the aroma this one has is absolutely stunning. It reminds me a little of the Japanese Red Bull Blue Edition I had earlier this year.

The flavor is less intense than the aroma due to the carbonation at the start which prevents you from getting sense of the true flavor until nearly the end. When the flavor kicks in you get a combination of blackcurrants and concord grapes with a tiny acidic hit. I wish this was more intense.

Energy

Unfortunately, the label is entirely in a different language that I cannot understand. The effects that I experienced are comparable to drinking ~80% of a can of Red Bull. From a tired and groggy state, I started to feel energized and a little jittery within 15 minutes. In another 20, I was feeling cheery and ready to run. The effects lasted for a couple of hours.

Scores:
Cost - $2.59
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 5.5/10

Overall - 13.3/20...excellent aroma, but the flavor needs more kick

No comments:

Post a Comment