Friday, September 11, 2009

Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate Energy Drink Review


Another Rockstar Juiced, this time Pomegranate flavoured. I got this one from a 7-11 for $2.99 CAD. I actually got this a while back, but I didn't have the urge to drink it. It just seemed so plain compared to all the other energy drinks I had in my frige. I had to have it today since this was the only thing left. Don't worry, I will be getting some more drinks today.

This Rockstar is the same as the other Rockstar Juiced energy drinks - good tasting, but very sweet. This one is also said to have 50% juice, but it tastes like any pomegranate soft drink.
The pomegranate flavour gives it a tart taste and aftertaste. Aftertaste is a bit sweet at first, but the sweetness goes away fairly quickly. The problem is if you drink it all at once, there will be a spike in sweetness. Allow some time between sips for the sweetness to subside. Overall, as I already entioned, this tastes like any pomegranate soft drink without any of the horrible energy drink undertones and aftertastes.

Caffeine content is the same, 160 mg, but for some reason it did not provide the energy boost I was expecting. I still felt energized, but not for too long. I needed rest just over an hour after consuming this. It is better than 250 mL energy drinks, but if it is energy you are after, try one of the other 473 mL drinks. Try a Rage, or a NOS, they both gave me more than enough energy.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD from 7-11
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 6.9/10...it has the same caffeine content as other 473 mL energy drinks, but it just didn't give me enough energy

Overall - 14.7/20

No comments:

Post a Comment