Friday, April 9, 2010

NOS Energy Shot Review


Yes, I am finally having the NOS energy shot. A couple of weeks ago I tried the NOS's energy shot x and didn't like it much, but I decided to give the original a chance. After all, the NOS energy drink is one of my favorites. The shot cost me $3.09 from a Shell gas station, which is 10 cents more expensive than most places, such as 7-11 or convenience stores.

The shot has the same aroma as the energy drink - passion fruit, mango and citrus. Much better than the energy shot x. The taste is also much better, and when I say much better, I mean much, much better. Each sip is smooth and has an acidic bite and there is barely any bitterness. The bitterness shows up in the initial stages of the finish, but is quickly subdued by the citric taste. The taste itself is very sour and similar to the energy drink taste, only not as sweet. The passion fruit/mango/citrus fruits combination is noticeable, but not very strong since the sourness overpowers pretty much everything. I like this shot much better than energy shot x and will definitely buy it again if I ever need the boost.

In the energy department the NOS energy shot has the same amount of caffeine as the NOS energy shot X, 125 mg, which has enough waking power. Since I was interrupted while taking the shot, I had a 15 minute break between the two halves of the liquid. That helped the energy to ease in and not overwhelm me all at once. Perhaps I should start doing this with every shot I take. Of course I felt no jitters and I felt calm and focused for about 20 minutes before the second half started kicking in, which took me to the next energy level where I remained for a couple of hours.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Taurine - 200 mg
  • Caffeine - 125 mg
  • Inositol - 100 mg
  • Vitmain B3 - 33 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 4 mg
  • Vitamin E - 13.5 mg
  • Vitamin B12 - 12 mcg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: filtered water, sugar/glucose-fructose, citric acid, sodium phosphate, natural flavour, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sucralose, calcium disodium EDTA, colour.

Scores:
Cost - $3.09 CAD for a 60 mL shot, but many places sell them for $2.99
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 6.9/10

Overall - 14.7/20...much better than the other NOS energy shot - energy shot X

No comments:

Post a Comment