Thursday, August 5, 2010

Guru Juicy Tangerine Energy Drink Review


After months of searching, I finally found the last of the Guru energy drinks. If you go to Guru's new website, you won't be able to find this drink there. The only available drinks are the original, Guru Lite and the new Guru 2.0. It is not like I got an expired Guru. Trust me, I checked. This one still has almost a year left.

The wait and search was not disappointing. The moment the first drop hit my tongue, I knew that this will be a great tasting energy drink. However, it does not quite taste like tangerines. It is more like a mix between citrus fruits, grape with some honey thrown in as a sweetener. Don't get me wrong, you can still taste the tangerines, but they are buried among other flavours and I was expecting it to be the strongest of them all. The honey-like sweetness becomes apparent at the start and in the aftertaste while the flavours peak in the middle. The aftertaste is refreshing and tart with just a hint of tangerines. Overall this is definitely one of the best tasting juice energy drinks on the market...well, I am not sure if it is still on the market or if Guru is doing something different now.

In terms of energy, this drink has as much caffeine as its Superfruit buddy - about 140 mg - and works in a very similar way. I felt something kicking in within 10-15 minutes and from then on, it was a gradual energy leveling until I experienced the full caffeine kick around 35-40 minute mark. Just like all Guru products, the energy boost was clean and I had no jitters or problems concentrating on doing work. I felt great - awake and productive. All of this lasted for about 3.5 - 4 hours after which there was no crash or any other negative side effect.

Ingredients: purified water, cane juice concentrate, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice concentrate, citric acid, natural flavours, guarana extract, echinacea extract, guar gum, panax ginseng extract, ginkgo biloba extract.

Scores:
Cost - $3.49 CAD for a 355 mL can
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 17/20...Guru and HyDrive make the best overall drinks, period

No comments:

Post a Comment