Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Inked Mango Energy Drink Review


This is the second new Inked energy drink that came out recently (end of summer 2013). It has the same terrible can design and the only thing that distinguishes it from the Inked Lemonade is the color of the stripes.

Taste

First off the drink has a surprisingly light and clear color. I was expecting more of a darker orange or whatever the "normal" mango color is. 

The aroma is very light, but the taste is rich. The mango comes through sour up front and ends on a much sweeter note. It is very refreshing first thing in the morning and pepped me right up. Other than the mango, there is a bit of lemon flavour near the finish which gives the drink a bite and a crisp and semi-clean finish. 

The taste is straightforward, simple and pretty nice. I like it.

Energy

There are 151 mg of caffeine in this can and the effects are very similar to the previous Inked I tried, so I will just copy and paste that text here...excuse my laziness.

The kick comes in almost immediately due to the sour flavours (yeah, I am one of those, the sourness does perk me up), and then it is followed up by the sugar jitters. Give the jitters 15 or so minutes and you will be flying high with all that caffeine coursing through your body.

Of course, since there are 151 mg of caffeine, the kick does end within 2.5-3 hours with a minor crash. Still, for $2, it is a very decent kick.

Scores:
Cost - $4 for 2 cans from 7-11
Taste - 8.8/10
Energy - 7.8/10

Overall - 16.6/20...nice flavour, decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment