Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tetley Infusions Liquid Tea Mix Green Tea Review


This is the first time I have seen something like this. There have been on-the-go powders for a while, ones you simply pour into a 500 mL bottle of water and shake. But why liquid? Why not powder? I couldn't wait to try this and see if it is any good. I like the package and I like the way you open it. I am so glad this is not a rectangular packet because I struggle with everything that comes in rectangular packets - soy sauce, ketchup, mayo, etc. I rip the corner off and the contents spill all over my fingers. The Tetley's package has some space for errors and faulty openings in the neck.

If you are adding this to a bottle of water, make sure you take a few sips from the bottle as this would otherwise overfill. The mixed beverage smells almost like the Korean cold green teas, but it doesn't taste quite like them. The flavour has a similar start, but soon the sweetness comes in. Yes, this is lightly sweetened but not as much as iced teas. The finish is not like other iced teas, it is rich in green tea flavour...but hold on, before you get too excited, this doesn't have a good green tea taste, just slightly better than the packaged crap you buy from supermarkets. The green tea finish lingers for a while and slowly turns into a dry, clean mouth-feel without much taste. I found this tea mix to be pretty good, better than some of the powdered drinks you can buy.

Scores:
cost - unknown
Taste - 7.1/10

Overall - 7.1/10...not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment